Hiya guys, how's it going? Today I'll be picking up from where I left off last week and will be testing another look from the Infinite Ombre Kit by Sephora's Formula X line. As I mentioned previously, I received this kit as part of the Preen.Me VIP program for my reviewing and nail art creation delight. The Infinite Ombre Kit from Sephora's Formula X line consists of five polishes and is designed to help you create manis with no tools. Last week I didn't do so well in that regard and opted for using a sponge. No bueno in my book. I was determined to get the job done without the use of any fancy tools (aka a makeup sponge).
Mission accomplished, totally tools free! I am completely in love with how this turned out and so much more pleased than last weeks results.
I know a few of you asked me last week if this kit came with any instructions. On the inside of the cover you can find three nail looks with brief descriptions, that's about it. But really these are pretty self explanatory and honestly it comes down to playing around with them a bit. One thing I will say loud and clear, thin layers are your friend when it comes to this kit.
You can now watch the full length tutorial on my channel RoselynnMercedes787.
Along with the video tutorial, here's the steps to recreating the look.
- Start off by painting your nails with the silver base Platinum Prime.
- Once it's completely dry paint half your nail with Infinite Indigo.
- Next use Timeless Teal to paint the other half of the nail as well an overlaying line straight
down the middle.*
- Now repeat the painting of your nail half and half once more with emphasis on the
overlapping middle portion.
- Next use a glitter polish (the one I'm using is from Supernatural Lacquer) and layer it over
the whole nail. Make sure you have a lot of sparkle!
- Using very thin coats, paint each side of the nail over the glitter using the matching color.
- Seal off your design with a topcoat for a beautiful shine!
So simple, right?! The mani itself really took almost no time to create, however as some of you may guess the drying time was a bit lengthy. This is another reason why it's super important to use as thin of layers as possible. I opted for using two coats of Seche Vite fast drying topcoat and that seemed to counter balance my ultra layering.
*Make sure you do clean up right away especially with Timeless Teal. It can end up staining your cuticles badly.
Would you guys like to see individual swatches for each of the colors? How about some comparisons with OPI Color Paints? Let me know down in the comments.