Hiya guys. Is it almost the weekend yet? I wish. It's always such a long work week whenever I get back from being on vacation, especially when I'm not feeling well. Today I have another nail art look using the Sephora Formula X Infinite Ombre kit. As I've mentioned previously, I received this kit as part of the Preen.Me VIP program for my reviewing and nail art creation delight. I have been wanting to do a 'pond' technique for months and finally I managed to conjure it up!
Someone needs to tell me why I haven't done a pond mani before this. I feel like these polishes are absolutely perfect for this technique and I want to try it out in all the shades that come in the kit.
For this manicure, I used the Sephora Formula X Infinite Ombre kit Platinum Prime and Boundless Berry. In addition to this I used a white polish from KB Shimmer and a large dotting tool I purchased from Amazon.
I will be creating a video tutorial on how to recreate this look later during the week. For now here's the steps to recreating the look.
- Start off by painting your nails with the silver base Platinum Prime.
- Once it's completely dry use the white polish and a dotting tool to create a few random dots.
- Be sure to wait until the dots are dry (otherwise you will smear them) and apply a thin coat of Boundless Berry.
- Now again we're going to repeat the process of waiting for it to dry and then use the white polish to create more dots along your nail.
- Repeat the step of applying Boundless Berry. After it dries then repeat the step with the dotting tool and applying Boundless Berry twice more.
- Seal off your design with a topcoat for a beautiful shine!
The best part of this mani is all that squishness, it's totally irresistible. The bummer about the pond technique is the extremely long dry-time. Let's just say it wasn't the greatest idea to do this before bedtime haha. But what do you guys think? Have any of you guys ever attempted a pond mani before?